Friday, August 7, 2009

"August is the cruellest month...mixing memory and desire..."

I remember stumbling across this article several years ago,
and loving it. Unfortunately, I never followed up on my mental
note to bookmark it for future reference. Thankfully, Slate decided
to re-run it, for which I am most grateful. Enjoy...and pray for
the coming of September! ; )

(Personally, I think February and August are tied for the title
of most useless month of the year. But anyway...)

* Nicole - No offense intended, by the way. But think of the
alternatives mentioned: your birthday could be in the wonderful
month of July instead! Isn't that something to celebrate?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOL. Good thing I don't fit in with those other people celebrating August birthdays. :) If it counts for anything, I was due in July.